Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jamaica Here I Come!

Hi everyone, just a few updates. Tomorrow I leave for Jamaica to photograph the Dougherty-Murphy wedding and I could not be more excited!  It seems like this came up so fast, when in reality it's been months of planning (mainly on their part).  The more I look at photos of the resort the more excited I become.  I've never been to an all inclusive resort before, nor have I been to Jamaica.  Also, it's the first wedding that I'll shooting on the beach and I know there will be PLENTY of amazing photo opportunities.  Kristin and Jeff are such a nice couple and this wedding sounds very relaxed.  The ceremony will be held on the beach with cocktail hour and dinner following (also on the beach).  Well, that's the plan anyway, things may change if the weather acts up a bit.

They've told me plenty of times that they want me to have fun and not just work the entire time.  In fact, Jeff even said "pina colada in one hand, camera in the other"  although, I don't think that will be advisable haha.  After dinner I think everyone will just head to one of the resort bars to hang out and enjoy themselves some more.  I'll definitely have plenty of down time, which will most likely be spent laying on the beach and swimming/ snorkeling in the ocean and taking advantage of the beach side chair service the resort offers.

I feel so lucky to be able to do this.  I didn't know Kristin and Jeff at all before they contacted me to shoot their engagement photos and wedding.  It's an opportunity I've always dreamed of (to do a destination wedding) but I never thought I'd get one this early in my career and am extremely grateful so happy they chose me to do so.  

This is the resort I'll be staying at, I'm sure I'll be taking plenty of photos of not only the wedding but the surrounding area as well.
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Anyway, I hope everyone has a nice long holiday weekend and a Happy early 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment