Sunday, January 22, 2012

Strawberry milk memories

Strawberry nesquik milk always reminds me of going to my grammy's house when I was little.  She would always have chocolate and strawberry powder in her cupboard, which was usually one of the first places I would head to find some goodies (I always went for the strawberry instead of chocolate).   I came across a recipe for Strawberry Milk Whoopie Pies and I knew I had to try them.  I used different fillings instead of the ones the recipes called for and I think it worked well.  The cake part themselves have some Nesquik in them, but not overpoweringly strong, so I made a classic whoopie cream and added more nesquik to that, just adding hint of flavor.  The second filling I made is a cookie dough buttercream, it's basically like sandwiching cookie dough between the two cakes and tastes oh so good!  Don't worry, no eggs in this cookie dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment