Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Aviary

The blizzard that hit Rhode Island towards the beginning of February brought with it some pretty heavy snow.  My fiancé had warned me that a lot of branches in the backyard had snapped but I wasn't really prepared at HOW many had actually fallen, let alone how many LARGE ones.  As I explored the backyard I couldn't help but look at these massive fallen limbs and think, wow, what a waste, I should really do a photoshoot with these.  My dilemma- I'm only going to be in Rhode Island for a very short time and I'm swamped with things to do.  However, it just seemed like such an awesome natural set of sorts and I knew I had to do something.  I ran the idea by Holly, the amazing makeup artist I've used often in the past, and told her I was thinking of something with wild, big hair, and maybe animalistic and bird like.  She of course was completely into the idea and it took off from there.  Thank goodness for her!  She contacted the model and hair stylist and stayed up all night creating a wardrobe for the shoot.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to help, but I know how Holly is with making things and I didn't doubt she'd come through.

So, hair and make up all worked out wonderfully.  Ariana Lazzarino captured exactly what I was thinking for the hair and Holly even found a small (fake) bird nest to add to it.  Holly's makeup and wardrobe- perfection!  Amanda, our model, was such a trooper even when I thought she would need a break from the cold she kept pushing on.  I was even cold and I had wayyyyy more clothing on than she did.

So, here's just a small preview from today.  I have PLENTY of pictures to edit through but I just couldn't resist posting one little shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment